Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Snowy Banks

This painting was done in the studio from photos I took back in March.  ( See Plans Gone Wrong from earlier post)  It was the Saturday I attempted to paint up in the mountains and had my whole setup blown over by a big wind gust, and spilled my solvent. I didn't take any backup solvent along so that was it for the day.  I did have my camera and took a lot of pictures and I painted this last week from my reference photos. We've been having record breaking rain day after day this month with only a few clear days in between. Many times I have wanted to go out but just don't have the heart to huddle under a shelter trying to paint with day-long drizzles or downpours around me. It's been pretty cold too. We even had snow last weekend. Things are looking a little better for later this week so maybe I can get out Friday or this coming weekend. Come on sun! At least it is super green out and everything is blooming.  Snowy Banks, 9 x 12.



No comments: