Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Green Reflections

The weather finally did clear up a bit and we've had at least some partially sunny and partially dry days. I got out to paint on Saturday morning - not sunny but at least sort of dry. I found a nice spot at the edge of a pond and set to work. Lots of wildlife was around on this cool slightly foggy morning, bunnies everywhere, a somewhat unconcerned wild turkey wandering about, and several geese families alarmed at my presence, but slowly getting used to it, while herding small families of small yellow babies around the pond. During the recent unrelenting rain I made up a whole batch of boards with canvas mounted on gator board and this is the first one I've tried to use. It makes a rougher surface which I am not sure I like.  Have to get used to it I guess.
Here's the picture - Green Reflections, 8 x 10. Also a picture of the turkey.





No comments: