Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Spring Greens

I got out to paint early Sunday morning on a really overcast day although there was a strip of pink sky near the horizon. By later in the day it was pouring rain. Things are starting to look a lot greener around here.

This open space called Peschel is one of the many Boulder County Open Space properties. Every other year or so the county has a Plein Air Paintout exhibit. The rules state that the paintings entered have to be painted plein air on one of the open space properties. We have from now to the beginning of August to go out and see what we can do, and then enter our best. I did it the last time they had the paintout and it was fun. So here's the first of many (I am sure) paintings I will do this summer on open space properties, hoping to come up with some good ones by August, when I'll choose my four favorites and enter them in the contest. Here's a link to the Plein Air Paintout:  http://www.bouldercounty.org/os/events/pages/paintout.aspx

This painting, Spring at Peschel, 9 x 12.




No comments: