Thursday, December 24, 2015

Winter Watch

Here's another studio painting I've wanted to try for a long time.  I took the original photos a couple years ago and every now and then I'd run across them looking for something else and finally decided now was the time to work on this painting. I love how these foothills look when the tops are covered in frost and snow but the low areas have melted off.

Unlike the east coast that's suffering under a heat wave, we have more normal weather and recently had a 10 inch snowfall and then a little dusting yesterday so I am in the mood to paint snow.

 Well - back to getting Christmas ready - have a great holiday!
 Edit - I have since changed this painting - it's new look below. I thought the hills were too dark and didn't look snowy enough, needed to have more contrast between the buildings and the hills.

Winter Watch, 11 x 14, sold.











No comments: