Friday, October 16, 2015

Fluff

So I went this morning to paint but wasn't quite prepared. I thought I was. I had all my gear, packed and ready the night before, checked off on everything, didn't forget my paper towels or rubber gloves. I was so anxious to get out there and get started that I neglected to step outside first and evaluate the weather. It was pretty close to freezing which I didn't expect since it's been so balmy, and I definitely needed more layers, and gloves would have been a big help.

Pond reflections looking west change pretty fast in the pre-dawn so I wanted to have time to get set up before the light started coming up. The chill started to settle in on me and by the time I was done painting an hour later, the sun was creeping over the east horizon creating a gorgeous dawn, and I was standing there frozen stiff hardly able to appreciate it. My numb fingers fumbled putting my stuff away and the painting went flying, flipped over and landed face down on the ground. It came up with dozens of little dandelion-type fluffs all over it and small clumps of dirt and a few tiny bugs. Here's me picking off the fluffs at home after I've warmed up (a hot shower helped a lot). It survived fairly well in spite of everything. I'll post it in a couple days after it's dry.


No comments: