Thursday, September 10, 2015

Painting the Big Tree

I went painting last Saturday but couldn't get out till later in the afternoon. It was one of those days when inspiration was missing - too many other things vying for attention over a weekend holiday, too much going on, and I debated about going out at all. The garden was desperate for weeding, I had to deal with a bunch of produce, etc., etc. But I went eventually, figuring a late start with any painting is better than no painting. I originally thought of doing something along the river but nothing I saw there inspired me. After wandering around Sandstone Ranch I chose to setup next to this tree with the bent-down limbs. A startled blue heron flew off after I started setting up, complaining at me. The park was quiet, dark clouds slowly forming in the west, not many people around - all off at their labor day weekend picnics whatever. Here's what I ended up painting. Bending Low, 9 x 12.



No comments: