Saturday, April 18, 2015

More from Rabbit Mountain

The first painting ( last blog entry)  took most of the morning and I was hungry for lunch but I thought I still had time to do a second quick picture before packing up. I turned around my easel and started painting in the opposite direction, with the valley to my back and the hillside slope in front of me. Up ahead was one of the typical gnarled pine trees on the grassy slope that are common here and a partial view of the rocky hills behind. The morning calm gave way to a gusty afternoon and made me wonder if my easel was going to blow over. I painted this relatively quickly, hanging onto my easel with one hand, and then packed up and headed home.  I think of all things, wind is worse than rain or cold weather for painting. Looking North, 9 x 12.




No comments: