Sunday, March 29, 2015

Plans Gone Wrong.

I have been dying to go out painting all week but one thing after another messed up my plans. Yesterday I had planned to paint in the mountains along a very scenic stream that still had banks of snow. It looked great. I was excited. The sky was blue, the light was perfect. There was a slight breeze gusting occasionally but I didn't think it was that bad. Suddenly it picked up and blew away one of my paper towels.  I can't be letting paper towels blowing around littering up the mountains of course so I went after it. Well, while I was chasing the paper, my whole setup blew over, landing my paint in the dirt and emptying out my whole container of solvent. So that was that.  Lesson learned - always take along a small can of back-up solvent in the car.  Also weigh down the tripod with rocks or something.  But I did take a lot of pictures so I may do a studio painting from my shots.

So, since that didn't go well, I went out again today, just locally, to a different place along the river here in town. Grass is starting to green up a little bit. The willows turn very red in spring before they start budding. Greening, 8 x 10.




No comments: