Saturday, February 7, 2015

Down by the river

Yesterday was another super abnormally warm day for February and it just happened to be the day of the weekly paint-out by the PAAC ( Plein air artists of Colorado) which I recently joined, so I decided to head out and go painting. It just happened that the meetup place for the week was a place where I often go to paint and is close by so that was pretty handy.

I got there first and no one was around but little by little they trickled in, and by the time I finished up around 14 artists were there. Here is my painting for the morning. River Thicket, 9 x 12.

This spot was just upriver from a new beaver dam. The banks of the river are still piled with flood debris from the catastrophe in the fall of 2013. Mountains are far distant in the background.



No comments: